Monday, June 23, 2008

My favorite sweet potato

(Caution: Requires sense of humor)



I didn't plan on buying a sweet potato when I left for the market last December but out of the corner of my eye, there she was. I can't explain the attraction. I can only say that, for the last six months, my friends and family have enjoyed her presence at my house nearly as much as I have.

Alas, when I checked on her this morning, I noticed that she wasn't quite herself. She is beginning to wrinkle and sprout.



Do I continue to care for her until all quality of life is gone or do I bury her in the back yard and hope for another, as unique and desirable as her mom? What should I do? I don't know.

2 comments:

Bike Verve said...

Its sad but I would bury her and hope that she is born "again".

OhioMom said...

Shaking my head ...

I don't know whether to laugh or send you to your room :)